Fired up the engine

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Fired up the engine
From: wericars@aol.com
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 17:13:43 -0400
Well, today I had enough parts installed to test fire the engine.B  I used a
number of jumper wires to avoid using the new harness before I have everything
plugged in.B  The fuel system was tight except for a stuck needle valve.B  A
little fiddling with the carbs and the fuel system held pressure without
leaking. I wired up the distributor cap andB the distributor was all rebuilt,
but fitted to the original timing position.B  Since I do not have the radiator
installed, the purpose of this "start-up" was to make sure everything to this
point was sound and I had good oil pressure in the new engine.B  Well, with
everything in place, it fired up after only one revelution!B  It sounded
smooth, but I only ran it for about 30 seconds.B  Now I can move on to the
front grill, traficator, radiator shroud,B radiator, hoses.......

I'll never make it to conclave this year.B  Maybe next.

Bill
Boston area
65 BJ8

AOL at AOL.com.