RE: Header suggestions wanted

To: "'Steve B. Gerow'" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>, "'Healeys Newsgroup'"
Subject: RE: Header suggestions wanted
From: "rjhco" <rjh@hockertlaw.us>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 18:16:56 -0500
Steve:

I have the Welch headers.  I felt that the hard connection between the
headers and the silencer under the front outrigger was not a well engineered
design and would cause bumping against the chassis leading to eventual
cracking of the headers.  To improve the flexibility of the header
arrangement, I cut each of the headers after the 3 into 1 section of the
tubing and installed an eight inch stainless flex coupling then added about
six inches of seamless stainless tubing to mate with the silencer.

I have a picture somewhere if you need to see the modification.

Once the modification was completed, the fit is perfect allowing for maximum
ground clearance and manifold clearance.

Best regards,
Jim Hockert
Dallas, TX
BJ8 Open Roads Rallye Car