Cheapskate valve seal question

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cheapskate valve seal question
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 11:19:20 -0500
I need new valve seals for my hundred head, it looks like a small rubber
washer about the diameter of a dime and the thickness of a nickel.

Moss want $3.75 for each from them and VB $3.00 or so.

Times 8 that is not huge money, but I am admittedly very much a cheapskate but
it does seem like a goofy amount for something it looks like I could pick up
for 10 cents each at the hardware store.

So my questions.

A.  Can I substitute a 10 cent rubber washer?  Guessing no,would worry if
material is appropriate, could disintigrate

B.  Is this a generic sort of part you can get at NAPA or other suppliers for
closer to a reasonable rate?.

C.  Can I just re-use the old ones?, they are in decent shape still soft.

Or should I stop being cheap and just order the darn things.

Greg