RE: 1953 Nash-Healey on eBay

To: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>, "Tom Felts"
Subject: RE: 1953 Nash-Healey on eBay
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 11:51:07 +1000
G'day

I bet that most of you would think I have been into too much of the red
stuff.

However I will predict that over the next 5 years cars like the
Nash-Healey will surpass the ubiquitous E-type in desirability and
price. Just look at the way prices are going of late of cars with good
provenance.

If you were to look at the history of post WW2 American sports cars what
was the very first car designed specifically for the US market. No it
wasn't the Corvette as the Nash-Healey preceded it by a few years. Pick
up any fair dinkum publication on the Corvette and you will see that two
other cars rate a mention, the Nash-Healey and Jaguar's XK120.

The Nash-Healey because it was the very first post-war US sports car and
the XK120 because the Corvette chassis is similar.

The Nash-Healey may not have the performance of later sports cars but if
I had a few $$$ tucked away for automotive investments I would certainly
add one to my collection, especially the later coupes. I would be even
happier if I had one of the Le Mans cars.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia

1947 Healey Duncan Saloon