Value of the UK historic vehicle business !

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Value of the UK historic vehicle business !
From: Daveshealey100@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 05:06:52 EDT
Hi List,
                thought you may be interested in an article I read recently
in the Classics  Times Magazine.

Anyone who thinks that the UK  historic vehicle scene comprises of a few old
chaps pottering down to the pub on  a sunny Sunday needs to think again.
According to the FBHVC (federation of  British Historic Vehicle Clubs). the
business generated by the British historic  movement is #3.2 billion ( $6.3
billion)
and rising. There are 2500 companies  offering related goods or services
employing 27,400 people , 77% of whom are  full time. More than 50% of these
companies plan to increase staffing levels  over the next three years but all
admit
they have trouble finding people with  the right skills and knowledge.
Other interesting  facts;
67% of historic vehicles cover  less than 900 miles per year.
over 130,000 historic vehicles  are being stored or worked on.
Approx. 67% of vehicles are  valued at less than #10,000 ($20,000 US).
45% of enthusiasts are between  41 and 60 years old.
Magazines dedicated to historic  vehicles have an annual circulation of 3
million copies.

For more information look at _www.fbhvc.co.uk_ (http://www.fbhvc.co.uk)

Its been a wet few days in Wales  so Mary (my 53 100/4) is sulking in the
garage. My grandkids are coming this  weekend so weather permitting we will be
out and about blasting round the lanes,  frightening the sheep and giving the
kids something to talk about at school  other than what was on TV.

Cheers,
Dave.
53 BN1 (number 70) Wales,  UK.