Re: [Healeys] colour of the zinc plated fixing clips

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] colour of the zinc plated fixing clips
From: <Josef.Eckert@t-systems.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 09:40:26 +0200
Many thanks to those responded to my fixing clips question. After some
time of searching in the loft I found the remains of the original wiring
harness from my car with the clips I put away some 20 years ago. I
cannot throw away these things.

Most clips are heavily rusted, but I could discover the silver colour
and the semi-circular ends (smooth, not sharp corners). The car is a May
1954 BN1 with steel bonnet (boot) and aluminium trunk lid.

Sorry, but I have not found the time for a closer look and tomorrow we
are leaving for our summer holidays to the isle of Mallorca. For those
interested, Mallorca is a Spanish island in the Mediterranean Sea and it
is very popular for us middle and north Europeans to go there for having
holidays on the sunny beach. To the fixing clips question I will come
back after when observing more details.

Thanks again.

Josef Eckert

Konigswinter/GERMANY