Re: [Healeys] Tire Recommendations? Yokohama

To: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tire Recommendations? Yokohama
From: Dave & M <rusd@sitestar.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 20:04:43 -0600
Hi Mike,

My opinion only --

They "might" still be ok. A good way to check is to borrow a durometer
from one of the racers & check the tire hardness. If it is 80 or more
on the "Shore A Scale" it's likely to separate a tread at an
inconvenient time. I think  the DOT is still in a state of confusion
about the whole subject which is highly political.

If in doubt, I certainly wouldn't knowingly risk my life or an
expensive car on anything as cheap as a set of tires.

Dave Russell