[Healeys] 29K Engine parts needed

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] 29K Engine parts needed
From: ggilliam@usol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 23:29:39 EST
  I have just acquired an early 29K engine that I would like to build up
for a complete running spare, but I need a few parts. It is missing the
distributor, 2" carbs, generator and starter motor and oil level dip
stick.
  I will consider using an alternator to replace the generator, but I
believe I would still need the missing tappet cover/gen mount casting
for the available kits?
  I am looking for functional used replacements, please reply with
availability and costs if you have any or all.

  Also, I would like a better idea of the condition of the bearings in the
engine. Is it proper to  remove a rod and main cap to inspect the
insert and just reinstall and re-torque them? I do plan to do
compression and blow-by checks when I get a starter motor; any
other suggestions for diagnostic procedures to ascertain it's overall
condition?
 Thanks,
  Gordy
  Fenton,