[Healeys] FW: Conclave 2007, aftermath, BJ8 Trans

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] FW: Conclave 2007, aftermath, BJ8 Trans
From: dgschwind@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 16:12:19 +0000
Hi, Listers,

    First we had a great time in Vermont. I did find a "new" car problem. In
the gymkhana, as I braked for the turns at the end of the straight-a-ways the
transmission would pop out of second gear. Completing the turn with the right
hand on the shifter with my left hand (after a recent rotator cuff surgery) was
not part of the fun and not conducive to fast times. It occured on each of the
sharp turns. Neither my wife nor son had this problem. My son, after I told him
about it declutched on each corner in his runs. I have not encountered this in
normal even spirited driving before or on the 1000 mile return trip to
Michigan. What are the likely corrections for this? Not that I intend to make a
hobby of running Gymkhanas, but I do want it corrected. Are any fixes external
to the box like linkages, trans mounts, etc.? Thanks in advance.
DON,    BJ8 Pandora