Re: [Healeys] Shell and Ferrari

To: Leonard Hartnett <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Shell and Ferrari
From: sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:50:33 +1000
This great use of classic race cars filmed at impressive locations brings a
smile to my face.
In the end of the first half there is a scene on a curved concrete roadway over
the sea, or long curving bridge, just up the road from Wollongong. The 'Sea
Bridge' is being promoted as a tourist attraction for the Illawarra and South
Coast region.
It is located within the National Park between Sydney and Wollongong.
The coast road has always been a favourite of sports car and bikers and for
many years was a used as a try out because of its twists,turns and undulations.
AH Owners Club of NSW (Sydney) often uses it as part of breakfast runs or nice
day out runs. You can also stop at the top of the hill where Lawerence
Hargreaves did his box kite experiments and shared his experiences with the
Wright Bros. Today the hang gliders use it. It is also the point near to where
Capt. James Cook landed and claimed Australia for the British.He was on his way
home from Oregon and Hawai. Bill Bolton has shown me the memorial at Oregon.

Healeys connect a lot of people and it turns out we often have other common
interests.
Maybe I will invite P.Quinn down.

Joe

Joe