[Healeys] Starter Drive Gear

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Starter Drive Gear
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 23:46:05 -0500
I have been mucking about with all parts of my car lately, one of the things I
noticed was the starter drive gear seemed to be on wrong, it has one side that
is scalloped or angled to better mesh with the ring gear I presume.

On mine the angled edge was pointed out or away from the starter as assembled,
it looks very much like the starter gear actually is drawn in or towards the
starter as it engages, so it seemed to me it was backwards and I swapped it
around, did I do the right thing, at seemed to work fine as far as engaging
and disengaging before, and it does now as well, so... (picture me shrugging
my shoulders and holding my palms up in the air)

Pictures in my book were of no help.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1