Re: [Healeys] Soldering bullet connectors

To: Kendall.Freese@Aerojet.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Soldering bullet connectors
From: wericars@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 22:35:04 -0400
Agreed.? I've been using one for years.

Bill
Boston area
65 BJ8

-----Original Message-----
From: Freese, Ken <Kendall.Freese@Aerojet.com>
To: healeys@autox.team.net
Sent: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 7:44 pm
Subject: [Healeys] Soldering bullet connectors

In the July issue of AH Magazine, Roger Moment had an article on repair
of wiring harness. He showed a soldering gun. He didn't say if that was
what he used to solder bullet connectors, but I have given up on guns
and irons for that job. Touching a hot flat bar to a round connector
seems to mean minimum heat transfer and a lot of frustration for me.
Last week I borrowed my neighbors minibutane torch and it worked great.
I don't know why I waited so long.
Ken Freese
65 BJ8