[Healeys] BJ8 Tunnel Seals

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Tunnel Seals
From: dgschwind@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 15:56:35 +0000
Hi, Listers,
     May I have a little advice please? I am about to remove the tranny tunnel
on my BJ8 and would like to put in new seals to reduce the cockpit heat. On the
highway, there is a blast of hot air coming out of the Tranny dipstick cover in
the carpet, so I know I've got a big leak somewhere. The seal covering the
dipstick is in place and tight. The tunnel seals include two long pieces, "U"
shaped, with small ribs on the base of the "U". How do these install in the
car? Ribs up against the tunnel or floor? Over the flange on the tunnel or
what? Are these glued in place or does the tunnel to floor screws lock it in?
The forward edge seal and the rear seal look "straight forward", but are there
any other tricks I should consider? Are there any supplementary sealers used?
Thanks in advance,

Don,   BJ8, Pandora