Re: [Healeys] Austin Healey Script on Boot Lid

To: "George Haywood" <haywoodone@hotmail.com>, <linwoodrose@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Austin Healey Script on Boot Lid
From: "Healey Bruce" <healeybruce@roadrunner.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 20:57:52 -0700
I took a very (emphasis on very) thin strand of wire and looped it through
the hole in the push nut, twisted it together to give it some stability, and
guided it over the end of the post.  Once it just over the top of the post,
I used long, very slender needle nose pliers to work it down.  I stuffed the
little pigtail up behind the bracing.  It would have much easier to do if
the boot lid was off, and it took a few attempts, but I finally got it.

Bruce Steele
1960 BN7
Brea, CA