[Healeys] Distibutor Internals

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Distibutor Internals
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 17:08:24 -0700 (PDT)
With all the talk lately about distributors and the testimonials for Jeff
at Advanced Distributors, I thought I should add my two cents about the
work Jeff a did for me on my BN2 distributor.  When Jeff rebuilt mine, he
advised that I replace the BN2 distributor's innards with a 25D mechanism.
 He said the old BN2 advance mechanism would hold the advance too long
after the car was back at idle.  The 25D mechanism solves this problem and
drops the advance as the rpm is dropped.  I have not had a chance to try
this out on the car yet, but from what others on the list are saying about
Jeff's work I can only say that it will probably be an improvement.   I
just won't have anythiong to compare it to.  Anyone on the list with a
BN1-2 have any experience with this or one of Jeff's conversions?
Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5