Re: [Healeys] Wheels

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Wheels
From: "63AHBJ7" <63ahbj7@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 12:24:46 -0500
20+ years ago I put a set of the infamous "india" 60 chromes on my Hortense.
Didn't take too long (first L.D. and with SCARED wife-to-be<G>) for spokes to
start letting go.  The return trip from Encounter/Conclave across the PA &
Ohio Turnpikes sealed their fate!!  RR had 12 gone which was max.

Still being the adventurous type, put her up on 4 stands and tossed all 5
tyres/wheels in my '80 Camino and took off for Dayton, Ohio.  Made the SERIOUS
mistake of stopping (overnite) in Indy and called some folks.  That stop over
cost more than gas for the whole trip!! LOL

Nice folks at Dayton checked them out while I waited and said all where fine
for re-lacing but would be about a week.  Did I want to p/u when done and pay
sales tax or have them shipped (no tax) for about $20 for the 5.

Never went back to Dayton<VBG>!!

And they have been on her ever since with approx'ly 80,000 miles.

Ed