Re: [Healeys] Healeys in Berlin

To: <rkorn@simnet.is>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys in Berlin
From: <Josef.Eckert@t-systems.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:06:44 +0200
Hello Richard,
As a German, living in Germany and very active in the Healey scene I do not
know anyone living in Berlin having any Healey. As Berlin is a big crowded
city like London or Paris with heavy road traffic it might also be not be the
right place for a Healey. I lived for 5 years in Berlin, which is about 20
years ago and I would not even recommend to drive into the city with a Healey.
Most cars are parked on the road, as garage space is very limited. So people
having classic cars are usually living in the outskirts of Berlin and not in
the city.
Btw. I know Healey enthusiasts as extreme friendly people and this does not
match to a Berliner. For me Berliners are the most unfriendly people in the
world. I think I am alowed to say that as being a German.
What I would recommend to see is the so called Meilenwerk in Berlin (see
http://www.meilenwerk.de/meilenwerk_berlin_fakten.htm). That4s a real place
for classic car intusiasts. A big old building is renovated to use as an
umbrella for professional classic car restorers, classic car traders and as a
place for private classic car owners to park their car safely. It is open to
the public and you can see all the cars and the work in the workshops. There
is also a model shop, a book shop and a restaurant and coffee shop (taste one
of the offered cakes). It is really nice and worth to have a look and a rest.
The internet page mentioned above is all in German language, but at least you
can have a look to the pictures.
I will be in Berlin next Monday for business and perhaps when time is left
spend an hour or two for looking what4s new in the Meilenwerk.

Josef Eckert
Koenigswinter/Germany

54BN1, 62BT7, 65Sprite