Re: [Healeys] FW: Distributor Lube Thingy - DM6A

To: bluechip <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] FW: Distributor Lube Thingy - DM6A
From: Dave Russell <rusd@sitestar.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:40:30 -0600
Jack,

I believe something is missing.
Between the small spring & the distributor shaft should be a small round
felt wick. The spring pushes on the wick.

The grease/oil travels down this wick to the distributor shaft. The
spring should NOT rub directly on the shaft, & the lube should not go
directly to the shaft. The wick on yours may be missing.

I think heavy oil was originally recommended.

Dave Russell
BN2