Re: [Healeys] Moss bumpers

To: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Moss bumpers
From: George Haywood <haywoodone@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 19:28:19 -0400
Hi Charlie,

I ran into exactly the same thing with my new Victoria British rear bumper
from Taiwan.  If you center the bumper so that there is equal space from each
fender to the bumper ends two of the holes should line up (one on each side).
At least they did on my bj8 so I just marked the placement of the other bumper
holes onto the brackets and drilled two new holes, screwed them in and was
done with it.  This might just be another sign of poor quality control but
mine weren't very expensive so I just sacrificed the brackets.  If in the
future I can find a good original rear bumper and wish to spend about $700 or
more to get the originals chromed I'll just take off the brackets and have the
holes welded and then use the original holes to secure them.  I was not going
to let that small thing hold up the very end of my restoration.

Good luck and enjoy your car,

George Haywood
'65 bj8 FINISHED (if there is such a thing)
> Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 13:32:33 -0400> From: mgcharlie@comcast.net> To:
healeys@autox.team.net> Subject: [Healeys] Moss bumpers> > I have purchased
new bumpers for my BT7 from Moss and the rear bumper > hole centerlines
measure 6 3/8" on each side compared my original at > 7". Even though the
bracket holes are slotted, there is no way they can > accommodate 5/8". Is
Moss quality this bad or did they send the wrong > bumper?> I haven't checked
the front one yet. I'm half afraid of what I might find.> TIA> Charlie> '62