[Healeys] Wrist Pin Bushings

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Wrist Pin Bushings
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 19:01:17 -0800
First, let me state that I have been a loyal customer of Moss since 1970.  Had
a problem w/ their wrist pin bushings , PN 829-018. (BN6 thru BJ8)  My machine
shop called and said the I D of these bushings was so small that when they
honed them, there was almost no bronze left.  We checked the diameter of the
wrist pins (new Moss pistons) vs original factory wrist pins...exactly the
same.  Called Moss Tech Rep.  He checked it out and agreed.  He verified w/
another Moss person.  They found that only about 0.012" of bronze was left
after honing.  Maybe that is enough, but the machine shop did not like it.
Moss reported to the supplier.  Supplier said that since there had been no
reports of failure, there was nothing wrong w/ their bushings.

Moss agreed to credit my account for the cost of the bushings, but would not
pay the cost of installing and removing them because their supplier said there
was no problem.    They also said they had a new shipment of these bushings
coming in.

My point here is to have your machine shop carefully check these bushings b/4
installing them.  I will continue to buy from Moss, but will be more careful
when checking their parts.

John Snyder