Re: [Healeys] List message limits

To: legal_bill@verizon.net, Roland Wilhelmy <rwil@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] List message limits
From: steven rosenberg md <palmbeachderm@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 06:49:34 -0700 (PDT)
I'm new to this (24 hours) but agree that rather than getting numerous emails
that may be irrelevant today but helpful tomorrow, it would be better to have a
site with forums based on specific topics. We can then search those topics and
respond more conveniently.
  steve rosenberg

legal_bill@verizon.net wrote:
  Sure, that's fine. If you just want to limit the community that talks about
Healeys everyday, and shares their wide base of knowlege with a small group,
keep it as it is. But if you are really want to increase the interest in
Healeys to a broader group, and most important of all, to the next generation,
then this group should really be on its own, dedicated message board. Think of
the Future 50 program that we read about in Healey Marque. Most of the young
people participate in on-line communities where they can start threads that
everyone can participate in. They are easy to see and you can quickly add your
comment and scroll throughthe comments on one subject. You can have a technical
discussion right next to a social discussion. The message board format creates
real world communities too. People arrange meets at the drop of a hat. They can
discus the meet in nearly real time on line and not have to wait for news
letter, etc.

I'm convinced the entire Healey community is missing out on an opportunity by
not having its own dedicated message board. I belong to a couple of others, and
the real world community that is created as a result of the message board
community is far stronger and more active because of the message board format.