[Healeys] Brush-painting the fan shroud

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Brush-painting the fan shroud
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 18:23:52 EST
In a message dated 11/7/07 11:02:22 AM, healeys-request@autox.team.net
writes:

> On Nov 7, 2007 7:33 AM, Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net> wrote:
> > Hey, while this is being flogged to death, I haven't noticed a comment
> > about the fan shroud originally being brush painted.  Is this true?
> YES THEY WERE ALWAYS BRUSH PAINTED.
> RON RADER
> PLAYA DEL REY CA

Imagine an apprentice stationed somewhere down towards the end of the line
past where the radiator has been installed in the car, with a pot of red paint
in his hand. My bet is that he tried to do the entire job in on motion on each
car by loading his brush with the right amount of paint and then swiping it
once across the top of the fan shroud.   In other words, it don't need to be
done too good.
Cheers
gary