[Healeys] Email problem follow-up

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Email problem follow-up
From: "M Lempert" <mlempert@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 08:56:20 -0500
About two months ago I sent the list a message where I reported that I had
started having problems with Outlook Express, my email program, and also was
experiencing slow, or delayed, scrolling through Healey Digest messages. I
was wondering if anyone else had similar experiences. Since then the problem
persisted and I have lost blocks of messages at a time, sometimes as many as
four months worth. My email situation has been a disaster.  Well, it looks
as though we (me and many,many other Outlook users) have identified the
problem.  McAfee had installed a new feature on our machines called
SiteAdvisor and it was causing the problem with Outlook.  Anyone out there
with the lethal combination of Outlook Express and McAfee that are having
any problems can contact me for information.

I would also like to note that neither McAfee nor Microsoft were any help.
Microsoft considers Outlook Express a legacy system and apparently gives it
little attention. McAfee was totally quiet throughout the whole debacle.
One of the users finally isolated the problem.

The two systems are both quite popular, so I thought there must be others on
the Healey list with the combination.

Regards,
Mike Lempert