Re: [Healeys] knock offs

To: "'Ray Juncal'" <healeyray@yahoo.com>, "'List Healey'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] knock offs
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 14:32:52 -0500
Hi Ray,
How many do you want!!!
http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/wp-content/4.jpg

Michael Salter
100 (1953)
AHX12 (1953)
Bugeye (1961)
http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/

-----Original Message-----
From: healeys-bounces+msalter=precisionsportscar.com@autox.team.net
[mailto:healeys-bounces+msalter=precisionsportscar.com@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of Ray Juncal
Sent: November 23, 2007 2:06 PM
To: List Healey
Subject: [Healeys] knock offs

    I hope all you guys have recovered from your turkey and football induced
comas.   ( U.S. guys that is )  For the rest of you, sorry you missed out on
one of the better American traditions.
    So how many of you have a pile of beat up old knock offs you don't know
what to do with?  At least one or two huh?  Maybe we can help each other
out.  My BN-1 came with brass not steel knock offs and for some strange
reason I would like to keep it that way.  This leads me to the interesting
process of restoring knock offs.  I don't claim it to be a bright idea but
among Healey people the concept of compulsion is understood by more than a
few.
    Anyone willing to send me a knock off or two so I have a choice of the
least beat up and deformed ones to start with.  A couple of mine are pretty
bad.  You can tell the brass ones by the green patina they have as opposed
to the brown rusty look of the steel ones.  I will of course pay postage
etc.
    Yes I know that for $35 and a whole lot less effort I can buy shinny new
ones.
Thanks
Ray Juncal