[Healeys] Delaminating Tyres

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Delaminating Tyres
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:55:28 +1100
G'day

I am not having success stretching my grey cells into remembering where
I heard this story, but I'm pretty sure it was from the list.

It concerned a bloke in the UK who owned a fully restored MGB for which
he had 2 sets of tyres. One for more frequent use and the other for show
use.

The show use tyres were NOS original tyres that were fitted to 'Bs' when
new. In other words they were 30+ years old and infrequently used. On
the way to a car show with the old tyres fitted, one delaminated causing
a horrific accident and sadly the bloke was killed.

I read that somewhere and I'm wondering if anyone remembers and could
tell where I can find the story?

Many thanks

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn