Re: [Healeys] Insurance Coverage, the real value.

To: gardner5@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Insurance Coverage, the real value.
From: Kent McLean <kentmclean@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 17:32:44 -0500
gardner5@comcast.net wrote:
> Basically at
> this time, I've just crossed into six figures in receipts for the
> restoration (Factory 100M), but Hagerty feels that $60K is a fair
> value.  From what the rep. assigned to my account has said, this is
> based on the value of a restored BN2; the fact that it is a Factory
> 100M is lost on them...so good luck.

Ouch!  The rule of thumb is that it is cheaper to buy a restored car than it is
to restore one. (I know, the cow is out of the barn.) I could see how a factory
100M with $100K in receipts might be worth $75K. :)   Can you buy "agreed
value"
of $75K or $100K?  It will cost more, but then if you need it, it's there when
some Bozo in his Hummer is distracted by a bimbo walking down the street.

--
Kent McLean
'56 100 BN2