[Healeys] Foam injection in chasis

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Foam injection in chasis
From: Thomas Vargo <tvargopack@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:55:26 -0700
I have been a long time lurker and benefited greatly from the list wisdom.  I
have a question about the use of foam injection to stiffen the chasis members
by injecting a polyurethane foam into them.  Having seen truck commercials
touting the advantage to filling the frame with foam for sound deadening and
stiffness, it seems an appealing idea for my Healey which could use both.  I
recently saw a reference to an after market kit for that purpose made by
"Foamseal".  Their web site referred to a June 2000 article in Sport Compact
Car Magazine  that described the application of the Foamseal kit to a Nissan
300ZX.  www.sportcompactcarweb.co/projectcars/0006scc_Project_nissan  The
article found that the chassis was stiffened and was positive about the
results.  I would appreciate your opinion on the process.  The kits are
relatively cheap and I would hope that if nothing else filling the voids in
the frame rails and rocker panels would keep out dirt and moisture.

                       Tom Vargo

                        1960 BT7