Re: [Healeys] Proper starting procedure for a BJ8

To: healey help <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Proper starting procedure for a BJ8
From: <insptwo@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 15:07:41 -0500
Jorge:
Are you using fresh gas. If it is old, that could be your problem. You can
also use Starting Fluid (very sparingly) after you crank it up several times
to get oil pressure up.
Bill
BJ7

> Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 10:14:27 -0800> From: fortee9er@yahoo.com> To:
healeys@autox.team.net> Subject: [Healeys] Proper starting procedure for a
BJ8> > I am having a hard time trying to get my Healey to> start after a two
month slumber. It cranks, there is> spark, and I can smell the gas but it just
doesn't> want to start. My procedure is to pull the choke all> the way out
(regardless of ambient temperature), turn> key and let the fuel pump run for
about 30 seconds> before cranking. Yesterday I tried to get it started> and
after half an hour I gave up. I tried last week> and after half an hour gave
up.> Could the carburetor needle valves be sticking and> preventing gas from
flowing into the intake? I> replaced the needle valve with Gross Jets a few
years> ago because the needele valves would stick open.> Thanks> Jorge> > >