Re: [Healeys] BJ7/8 Horns

To: healey help <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ7/8 Horns
From: <insptwo@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 15:35:20 -0500
Mal:
Had the same problem with both of mine on my BJ7. I took the rivets off,
opened it up, cleaned the contacts inside and outside checked the continuity
and cleaned the adjusting bolt.
Held it together with clamps and or vise grips, hooked the contacts to a
battery, totally loosened the adjusting bolt and started slowly turning the
bolt until I went from a frog grating sound to a smooth honk. Put new rivets
on, again readjusted the sound bolt.Bill
BJ7

> From: mbruce6@cogeco.ca> To: healeys@autox.team.net> Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008
14:56:19 -0500> Subject: [Healeys] BJ7/8 Horns> > I have just purchased 2
horns on ebay, one works with a 12 volt jolt from a> battery the other
doesn't. When these arrive I would like to repair the non> functioning one; is
this possible? if so where do I begin? Thanks> > Mal>