[Healeys] 100-6 Fiberglass Hardtop Re-Do

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] 100-6 Fiberglass Hardtop Re-Do
From: AAHealeyguy@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 23:12:22 EST
On my 1957 100-6 BN4, I have a secondary market fiberglass hard top (white)
believed to be of the same basic age as the car ('57).  The structure of this
hard tops seems to be solid throughout but the surface is experiencing
extensive surface cracking, like what you might find in a cracked termpered
windo.
Although this appears superficial, it is unsightly and I would like to have the
cracking correctly repaired, then a new coat of color applied.
I am in search of recommendations from my extensive Healey "family" as to
what to do and from my San Diego Healey "family",   where I might have this
hardtop repaired.   I was thinking of pursuing a body shop that specializes in
old
mid-fifties Corvette or Thunderbird tops, as I suspect that the old fiberglass
material might be the same.
Also, I want to have a new headliner installed.  Any recommendations from my
San Diego Healey "family" would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Gerry K.  (AH Club of San Diego)
57 100-6 BN4