[Healeys] Czechoslovakian/Bertone Healeys

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Czechoslovakian/Bertone Healeys
From: BJ8 Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 13:18:36 -0500
The message below was received at the AHCA forum website.  Just passing it on
in case any Healey history experts on the list might have some information
that would help.   From the photo that Mr. Kralik sent me, the Uhlik Healey is
a nice looking car.  Will share the photo with whoever is interested.  The bit
about the Morris Co. is probably not accurate, but the info came from Uhlik's
papers.
Patrick Quinn?  Bill Emerson?  Buehler?  Anybody?

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA
I would like to ask you about a Healey with Bertone body from 1948. As far as
I know,  about 100 of these were built and sold in USA.
I am a freelance publicist writing books about car history (www.jankralik.cz).
Now I am preparing a book about Oldrich Uhlik, car body maker from Prague,
Czech Republic. He was offered to make a four-seat body on a Healey chassis.
The contrtact was signed at the Paris Carshow in 1947 between Morris and
Uhlik, who was asked to make 200 bodies for the US market. The first body was
finished in February 1948, the Morris company was very satisfied, but the
communist overtake in Czechoslovakia spoiled the business. Later in 1948
Nuccio Bertone made some 100 bodies on the Healey chassis. Does anybody have
any details about BertoneB4s design? Is there any BertoneB4s Healey?