Re: [Healeys] Fw: Trans locked in reverse

To: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed@harbornet.com>, "John Snyder"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fw: Trans locked in reverse
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 16:07:40 -0500
Richard, et al,

The roll pins were only used on the early application of the centre shift
gearboxes, namely the later Mk 2 BN7, BT7 and BJ7. The BJ8 used the 1/4" NF
hex head capscrews with the ends machined down as John describes.
If the roll pins of the early models are to be removed, they actually are
drifted from left and right into the gear lever ball and the lever pulled
out. Then the pins can be retreived from the ball.

Rich Chrysler