[Healeys] Who values Healeys?

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Who values Healeys?
From: sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:23:43 +1100
Re Tanner and auction prices
In Australia results appear to follow the pattern. Those who'know' will not pay
the big prices. Big prices are paid on the basis that it looks right so it must
be right,assuming the quality  matches the price. Also that little bit of
individuality seems to go a long way to attracting celebrity prices. Are we
better off with high or low prices? I guess it depends if you are buying or
selling. Do remember that repro parts and restoration services have only become
available as the recovery of costs (prices) have risen. Personally I like
period mods. and touches. Apparently Donald did also - check out his personal
100 Coupe. It is nice to see how they were originally made but I find
most 'gold' cars were not to original standard anyway, does that mean they are
not standard. Do we all want to be clones?
Joe