Re: [Healeys] Carbs on heritage cert

To: varley@cosmos.net.au
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Carbs on heritage cert
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 17:36:38 +0800
Larry -

I believe the build cards for BN1s, particularly very early BN1s, were put
on left over Austin factory build cards that had incorrect information
stamped onto them in some categories.  For example the Heritage cert for my
BN1 (#793) says the car is fitted with Wilmot Breeden window lifts and
5.50x16" tyres.   Interestingly these items may very well have been fitted
to A90 convertibles which had hydraulic window lifts and tyres of that size,
so I think they were just left over cards they used to record the first few
healeys built.

Also, it could be that they cannot accurately read the microfiche copies of
the build cards, you may ask them for a copy of the build card for your
records, tell them the data is incorrect on the cert. they sent you.

Best,

Alan