Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Tonneau cover

To: "healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>, "Jaap Aeckerlin"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Tonneau cover
From: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed@harbornet.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:48:09 -0800
Hi Jaap,

If your BJ8 is like my BJ7, the tenax studs on the heal board attach to female
tenax fittings located on those flaps of the tonneau cover - the ones that
look like they don't belong there.

When finished the cover folds over the support rail and the excess material is
folded under and on to the rear seats  The flaps are secured to the studs on
the heal board with female tenax fittings.  To locate these correctly, follow
this procedure:

Install the tonneau cover to the rear of the tonneau and then fold the tonneau
cover over the support rail carefully to fall evenly over the studs, then pull
the flaps of the cover downward evenly - it takes two people to hold the flaps
of the tonneau cover in place - then when positioned evenly tap the vinyl of
the flap with a hammer over the stud to mark the center position of the first
inside tenax fitting.  Punch this hole and install the first tenax fitting and
secure it to the stud on the heal board.  Repeat this process to locate the
opposite inside fitting and then repeat again for the outside fittings
checking as you go to be sure that you are getting a snug fit without the
tonneau sagging or being stretched too tight.

This description is from the memory of having helped Les Hurlbert of
Convertibles Only in Seattle install mine.  Hope this helps.

Richard Bittmann
BJ7 Tacoma

ps  Did you receive your "CLUTCH     BRAKE" decals yet?