Re: [Healeys] Castrol classic car oil

To: tomfelts@windstream.net, javrugtman@htcnet.org, bspidell@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Castrol classic car oil
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:39:22 EST
Yes, Val VR 1 has enough ZDDP, as does Redline.  Maybe my messages are not
reaching the list but Amsoil offers many products still with the API SL
designation which still has plenty of ZDDP in it.  The statement about API
speck SM is
correct DON'T use it in your flat tappet engine.  Especially if it is newly
rebuilt!!  Marketing or not Amsoil has done a LOT of wear testing on the
various oils and has results available for anyone that cares.

Some of the list may not be familiar with Amsoil but is has been around a
LONG time.  They know their oils.  Buy what ever you want but use an SM rated
oil
at your own peril.  Otherwise I suggest you may want to check things out and
use what David Nock, Tom or myself have suggested.

Gary Fuqua
Classic Sports Cars
Branson, MO