Re: [Healeys] Overdrive

To: Mike Goode <mgoode2@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Overdrive
From: Maurice Maxwell <maxandreb1@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 20:43:31 -0800 (PST)
Mike,

The problem sounds like a pressure problem.  Not
enough pressure being developed to engage the
overdrive.  But before you begin, make sure that valve
setting lever moves so that the hole in the lever
lines up with the hole in the overdrive case.  See the
shop manual in the overdrive section. If this test is
met the operating valve ball should be raised from its
resting place by 3/64 of an inch.  If it does not then
adjust the valve setting lever so that the ball does
rise up 3/64 of an inch.   For more information check
out the web site:

http://www.team.net/www/healey/tech/big_hly/od/delborder_od.html

This site along with the shop book gives about all
that you need to deal with the OD unit.  The only
thing not addressed is the o-rings on the accumulator
housing.  These cost less than $2.

Happy Healeying,
Max
1961 BT7