[Healeys] Early Friday funny - except in Oz and NZ

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Early Friday funny - except in Oz and NZ
From: "Peter Hunt" <peter@easterton.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 22:12:08 -0000
For those who may take offense at a naughty word at the end of the following
describing a lady who worked in the ' alleged ' oldest profession in the world
- please delete now.

All those others who are curious - read on

THE BEST COMEBACK LINE for 2007...

For those that don't know him, Major General Peter Cosgrove is an "Australian
treasure!"
General Cosgrove was interviewed on the radio recently. You'll love his reply
to the lady who
interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about
gun laws
you gotta love this! This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is
a portion of an ABC
interview between a female broadcaster and General Cosgrove who was about to
sponsor a
Boy Scout Troop visiting his military headquarters.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when
they visit your base?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching
children?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they
even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL COSGROVE:
Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.

Peter Hunt
Scotland