Re: [Healeys] Famous Healey People

To: "Healey Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Famous Healey People
From: "Leonard Hartnett" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 15:09:53 -0800
Ed:  That student would do just fine out here in California.  Following are
quoted from the Drivers Handbook:

"Left turn from a two-way street.  Start the turn in the left lane closest
to the middle of the street.  Complete the turn in either lane of the cross
street (shown by the arrows) if safe...".  The diagram shows the car going
into either the left lane or the curb lane.

"Left turn from a two-way street into a one-way street.  Start the turn from
the lane closest to the middle of the street.  Turn into any lane that is
safely open...".

I still have trouble with those rules.  Many times I have come face to face
with an opposing driver trying to make a right turn on red.

The kicker is on a right turn.  "Right turn.  Begin and end the turn in the
lane nearest the right-hand curb."  - -  however, on a right turn from a
one-way street into a one-way street, you can end the turn in any lane and
the diagram shows three lanes as options..

On a slightly different note, our local police have found a gold mine with
people making a right-hand turn on a red arrow.  That is a no-no here. (Turn
on a red
stop light OK.  Red ARROW, NO turning).    Fine for red light violation is
$340.  We
have one intersection that has four or five signs approaching and at the
corner that say,
"NO TURN ON RED".  Like I said, it's a gold mine.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville,  California,  USA
1967 3000 MKIII, HBJ8L39031