Re: [Healeys] Oil article abour ZDDP

To: "M Lempert" <mlempert@bellsouth.net>, "Robert Blair"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil article abour ZDDP
From: bspidell@comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 17:31:41 +0000
Hi Mike,

re:
"I did see that the spec sheet says "ashless".
Well, I don't want to find out someday that we need ash."

Ash is the residue when the oil is "cooked" in lab tests.
It's what leads to sludge, so less is better.  I doubt any oil is
completely "ashless," but I think this implies the oil has
dispersants to keep the ash in suspension (aka "ashless
dispersant" oil--not to be confused with "detergent oil").

bs