Re: [Healeys] steering idler

Subject: Re: [Healeys] steering idler
From: <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 20:54:52 -0500
Brad,

As others have said honing is necessary.  However, I had the same prob many
years ago in rebuilding an idler.  As with yours it almost fit.  It was very,
very close.  Some persistent sanding of the bore with about 600 grit paper
wrapped around a large wood dowel and many retries finally gave a satisfactory
fit.  I did this in less time than it would take to make two trips to a machine
shop.

Keith Pennell