Re: [Healeys] Boot Seal-Again

To: Dave Schweninger <quenty@ntelos.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Boot Seal-Again
From: John Loftus <loftusdesign@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 16:10:12 -0800
Hi Dave & Daisy,

This is what I get for 'relying on my memory' on the 90 degree part <opps>.
Let's just say it is closer to 90 than the other corner <grin>. Take a look at
the following cross section of Moss seal and crude section drawing of the boot
lid. This is in the 'center of the side' area where the sheet metal is turned
back towards the center.

http://www.loftusdesign.net/boot_seal.jpg

In the lid corners (where there is no return) the sharp edge of the seal (lower
left corner on my photo) meets perfectly with the sheet metal edge.

Does this help?

Cheers,
John