Re: [Healeys] re Old gasoline

To: "Carroll A Phillips" <bjcap@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] re Old gasoline
From: "Richard Ewald" <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 19:02:17 -0800
If you look this procedure up in the dictionary you will find it listed
under the heading of really bad ideas.  There are several problems here.
first off gasoline makes a really lousy de-greaser as it is greasy in and of
itself.  Secondly and more importantly you can get a static spark when
working with gasoline and have it ignite even when there appears to be no
source of ignition.
There used to be a gas station in Burbank California that used regular gas
in their solvent tank.  Note I said used to be.  The explosion leveled the
station, and killed the two guys that worked there.
It's just not safe.