Re: [Healeys] Volvo Girling calipers

To: "richard mayor" <mayorrichard@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Volvo Girling calipers
From: "Richard Ewald" <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 16:00:31 -0800
::: Scratches head:::
Damn, I have been working on Volvos for 20+ years.  I have not heard this
before, and I can't tell you which one might change out, but I can tell you
which ones won't.
700/900 series cars had single piston sliding calipers, so those are out.
140/160/240/260 series cars had 4 piston calipers, but they were set up for
dual circuit systems and each caliper had two brake lines going to it.  So
these would not be what I consider to be a bolt on conversion.
That would leave early 122s and P1800 as candidates.
I hope this helps you in your quest.
Rick