[Healeys] Changing gearbox oil

To: "Healey forum" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Changing gearbox oil
From: "Jaap Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:26:38 +0100
Friends,
After the first 1,000 miles on my restored BJ8 I want to change the
gearbox/overdrive oil. When filling up the gearbox originally the gearbox
was out of the car, and I can't remember whether there is a separate filler
opening, or that I have to fill through the dipstick opening. Should I be
able to reach the filler opening through a hole in the glassfibre gearbox
cover, in other words do I only have to remove the carpet over the gearbox
cover or do I have to remove the whole cover? Apologies for the stupidity of
this question!
Thanks in advance,
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432