Re: [Healeys] 100 windshield

To: robert westcott <55healey@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 windshield
From: Ray Juncal <healeyray@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 22:47:29 -0800 (PST)
Rob
    See attached drawing of what I have in mind. (sorry list)  Should look like
a stock item if you don't have an original right next to it.  Still in the
planing stage but if I do it, it would be a complete item, just bolt it on in
place of the original.
    I thought of an adapter piece but rejected it for reasons of stability and
looks.
Regards
Ray

robert westcott <55healey@comcast.net> wrote: HI Ray,

Sounds like a great idea,  would we have to drill a new hole to mount
it and fill the old one or can you just elongate the original shape
and retain the original holes.  Will you just offer the piece in brass
or you intending to have them plated?  I would like to try this, bring
'em on.

Thanks,

Rob Westcott
'55 BN1

On Feb 22, 2008, at 10:31 PM, Ray Juncal wrote:

> Brethren of the list
>    Most of you guys know me as the guy that makes the finned
> aluminum valve covers.  I want some list input on
> something I'm thinking about.
>    The other day on a club cruise I was the passenger in a 100 with
> the windshield in the low position.  Since I wasn't driving I got to
> thinking, mostly about the wind blast right in my face.  It hits you
> at eye level.  All you guys with 100s know what I'm talking about.
> They look so cool with the windshield down but it's rough to drive
> them that way.  I figure if the windshield was about 4" higher in
> the down position that air blast would go just over the top of your
> head.
>    I'm going to to make new fender mounts with the pin location an
> inch and a quarter further back than the stock ones.  That makes the
> top of the windshield  9" high in the new low position and gives an
> angle of around 35 degrees.  The stock low position is 4" high.
> This looks pretty rakish and should be more functional.  You can see
> through the glass at that angle.  I can sculpt these to look almost
> stock.
>    How does this sound to you guys?  Comments?  Should I make a
> batch to sell or just carve a pair out of brass for myself?
> Regards
> Ray Juncal

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 100
windshield mount.jpg]