[Healeys] Fw: 1960 Austin Healey 3000 BN7

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Fw: 1960 Austin Healey 3000 BN7
From: Carlos Cruz <healey3000bn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:43:34 -0800 (PST)
Good morning Listers,

Precautionary RANT warning - discard if not interested.

I am working on a theory that there are only three kinds of people born every
minute.  If there is a Fool born every minute then there must be a Wack Job
born every minute.   And to ensure there is balance in the universe there must
be a Super Hero born every minute as well to look out for the Fool and bring
down the Wack Job.

I must get a dozen of these emails a week (see below) from nut cases that claim
to want to buy my Healey (no longer for sale) sight unseen, no questions asked
and for whatever I'm asking for.  Usually the con man is located in some
African country that has no paved roads.  We all know how well our cars do on
unpaved roads right?

This quack claims to be from the UK, seems to struggle with the Queen's English
- any English for that matter.  Funny how they always are interested in paying
the LAST PRICE for the car.  I hope he heard the demand for the car has gone up
so much because of a$$holes like him that I've decided to triple the price in
hopes of pulling a Kurt Tanner result at BJ.

One other notable thing about all this junk mail - Am I the only one in the
world without their own shipping company?  I mean, seriously... how does
anything in the world stay in one place when every buyer seems to have their
own shipping company?

Has anyone ever toyed with these bozos?  I should tell him the price has
tripled and since I work for the post office I'll handle the shipping.  I have
a bunch of old used parts I wouldn't mind getting rid of.  I can send them to
him postage due, one piece at a time just for fun.

Or maybe I should tell him I've decided to keep the car but he's welcome to
have my ex-wife and mother-in-law - Now we've got a deal!

Damn.... just fell off my soap box.  Happy Monday to All.

Cheers,
Carlos
The New Kid on the Left Coast