Re: [Healeys] wire wheel balance

To: "James Shope" <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>, "healeys"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] wire wheel balance
From: "David Z" <davzu29@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 10:12:55 -0500
Two years ago, I had a severe rear-end shake at rather high speed. I
initially attributed it to a flat tire, but upon slowing down, the shake
went away.  After much assessment, I phoned Hendrix and after explaining my
plight, they said they've "never seen a correctly machined Healey" brake
drum and that could be my problem. I ended up sending them my drums and as I
recall, they added 2.25 oz to one and 2.75 to the other.  The car now rides
better than it ever has at any speed, making a huge difference for me.

David Z.