Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Radio

To: "Randy Hicks" <Healey100M@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Radio
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 06:15:40 +0800
Randy -

Pretty much zero fits into the standard cutout anymore that can do all
that.  You might be lucky if you find a tape player... MAYBE!

On the BCF there is great info on hooking up a handsome set of powered
computer speakers (they run on 12 volts) from Creative then just plugging in
your ipod into that.  Powered speakers open up a huge amount of flexibility,
esp. since most things (except car radios) have gotten very small these day.

Have a look at the post bottom of the page here:

http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcforum/ubbthreads.php/topics/429068

Another very cool set up was one guy on BCF got a nice touch screen Garmin
GPS unit that had an MP3 player in it, then he rigged up the speaker unit in
a way that when he was in the car he could just pull off the speaker grill
and access the Garmin using his fingers while driving, and then put up the
grill when parked so no one would know the better.  I think this set up was
with 12V powered computer speakers too.

If you are willing to cut out the radio area (on my BJ8 I have) to fit a
standard radio, then there are a million possibilities out there for you...

Alan