Re: [Healeys] what is happening to the HEALEY list?????

To: "andy pole" <ampole@hotmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] what is happening to the HEALEY list?????
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 12:30:42 -0500
I agree with Andy--If we start a Monday politics thread it will consume the
list or at least a big chunk of it--also whose "monday"? as we go around the
globe from Australia and New Zealand to England and Germany to the USA and
Canada, not to mention South America you get pretty much a 48 hour "one day
a week".

We can say that we "should" be able to discuss politics without it consuming
the list or offending people, but as the last couple of days show what
should be and what is is different, the discussion is consuming the list,
which I think most would agree is not the purpose of the list and eventually
if not sooner will be counter to the goals of the list.

I will add that I was not offended by the original joke, nor would I been
had it been of a similar nature poking fun at Reagan or Bush, I am a lawyer
and enjoy lawyer jokes,  if you can't stand that kind of heat you need to
get out of the kitchena.  Light political ribbing is inevitable, and seems
to work fine on late night TV for example (Leno, Letterman, etc.) but seems
to lead to this on the list--right or wrong as the last two days show that
is the way it is.

Greg Lemon
still lurking